Frequently Asked Questions for Patients
What is the IMA Cares app?
IMA Cares app is a web application developed to facilitate telemonitoring of home isolated COVID-positive patients or COVID suspects in Goa. These include those who tested positive for COVID and those awaiting their test results for COVID. This app is developed as part of the Rotary IMA COVID Care Project, in collaboration with Geno Foundation.
What is Rotary IMA COVID Care Project?
Rotary IMA COVID Care Project is an initiative of the Rotary Club of Porvorim, in collaboration with Indian Medical Association, Bardez branch, Goa. The project involves trained volunteers telemonitoring the patients under supervision of trained medical professionals. All participants work from home. Telemonitoring of patients happens through the IMA Cares app. The recorded data is forwarded to the respective health centers that shared that patient lists.
The standard operating procedure approved by the competent medical authority of India is applied throughout the process of both, telemonitoring as well as case management for the home isolated patients under care. Supervising doctors are further guided by an Expert Committee of doctors who are members of Indian Medical Association, Bardez. No participant throughout the period of service expects any remuneration, and the service is offered free of cost.
Who can avail of the service?
Anybody residing in the state of Goa, who is tested positive for COVID-19, or is awaiting results of a test for COVID-19 can avail of our project service.
For patient registration visit https://track.imacares.
How does the telemonitoring system work for me?
- You would receive an invite SMS from IMACare with a link to access the app.
- After a simple registration form filled up, it would allow you to record the daily logs of temperature, blood oxygen and pulse rates three times a day apart from any other information or query you would have to the doctor in charge.
- You will be assigned a volunteer as a point of contact. The volunteer would be under a doctor-in-charge who would keep an eye on the parameters and provide medical advice.
- The volunteer would get in touch with you and help you in case of any difficulty in using the app or the primary medical queries.
- The app has a call button to get in touch with the volunteer in case of emergencies.
What if I do not have a smartphone or there is no internet connectivity?
Your volunteer will be able to onboard you and get the readings over calls for recording and further coordination with the doctor-in-charge.
A brief demonstration of how the system works is depicted in the video below: